Nov 20, 2018
Happy Thanksgiving, folks!
This week we're going to do something a little different and, instead of an interview, I'm doing a solo episode. We'll be back with another inspiring interview next week.
I wanted to take this week, because of Thanksgiving, and talk about how a gratitude practice is the easiest way to change your life. That might sound like hyperbole or exaggeration but it's not.
Now before you roll your eyes and think I'm trying to sell you some woo-woo magic, there are decades of scientific studies that show how a simple gratitude practice can:
- Create stronger relationships
- Strengthen your immune system
- Increase your enthusiasm, optimism, and alertness
- etc, etc, etc.
Why does gratitude work so well? Glad you asked.
1) It fundamentally changes your perspective. You can see the silver lining in most situations which helps you bounce back after setbacks much faster.
2) It is impossible to feel anger/fear and gratitude at the same time.
3) It helps you enjoy the journey and not just look forward to the destination.
4) It makes you a more pleasant person and creates stronger relationships.
So if you want to change your life in 5 minutes every day, take a listen!
Follow along for more: